And So It Was - Alpha Demo
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Final version available here! (Steam key included)
You are the Boy. You wake up in a prison cell. As you get your bearings, you are suddenly released. Where are you? Who are you? Explore dungeons, woods, mines and more to figure out (or indeed remember) the truth. The answers are out there, though they might not be what you expect.
The main features of the game include:
- Mouse-driven gameplay inspired by old-school RPGs and RTSs.
- Randomly generated levels, each with more to explore than the previous one.
- You get one life to tackle the challenge (a.k.a. permanent death)
- Familiar combat with a twist: the more damage you take, the less damage you can inflict.
- Alter the way you play: Make deals so magic orbs give you stamina instead, inflict and take double damage, or pay the price of magic with your stamina…
- Piece together the lore throughout the game. You might not get all of it on the first run, but you'll want to play again to get the whole story.
- Voice-acted narration that doesn't interrupt gameplay.
- Good old secret areas that are… well, secret.
More information on VolumeUp Studios and my games can be found at
|Published||2 years ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, randomization, Top-Down, voice-acting|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|